Monday, November 22, 2010

Babyland has Exploded at Our House!

First, I'd like to thank all of you for your prayers, phone calls, and messages on Friday! Our meeting went great! Our birth mother is extremely quiet and reserved but very nice. We met with her, her mother, and our agency director. The first thing we talked about was how nervous everybody was, which really broke the ice. For the next two hours we went on to talk about everything from our favorite movies to the baby, the hospital, and all that fun stuff. I felt like everyone left dinner feeling good about the adoption plan! Please continue to pray that everything goes smoothly and please pray specifically for peace for our birth mother. I have such mixed emotions as I am sooo excited about our precious baby girl but my heart goes out to our sweet birth mother!

Saturday morning we hit the baby stores hard!!! We were out from morning till night (literally)! We bought a crib, a pack'n play, a travel system, and every other essential our sweet little girl will need when she gets home. Actually, our first stop was Buy Buy Baby, and after two hours we were completely overwhelmed. Since Tommy and I both felt like we were starting to have a panic attack, we called my sister, Mary Gwin, and she shopped with us the rest of the day. MG, we couldn't have done it without you! Sunday after church, Tommy put the crib and travel system together. He is a gadget kind of guy. Then we spent the rest of the day reorganizing all or our closets to make room for baby. My sister loaned me baby clothes and other fun things (thanks again, MG!), and we'll spend the next few days getting everything organized in the nursery. "Nursery!" I can't believe we have a nursery in our house!

Our birth mother will find out tomorrow the exact delivery date, and I will keep you posted as things develop. I cannot begin to tell you how overwhelmed we are by the outpouring of love, support, and excitement we have received! Please keep praying! Thank you!!!

Here are some fun pics I took throughout the weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Love the crib! Do I detect a brown/pastel and hot pink/lime green/Philadelphi cream theme developing here?
    Isn't this the best? Bibi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you! Can't wait for more updates. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! We are so happy for yall and can't wait to see pictures of your new sweet little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I am so excited for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete