Sunday, December 5, 2010

Tomorrow is the Big Day!!!

Well, tomorrow is the big day!!! I can't believe it...really I don't think it has hit me yet! Our birth mother checks in mid morning and probably won't deliver until around noon. So, it will be well into the afternoon before I can make a post. There is a 5 day waiting period in which she can change her mind, so I will not post pictures until that time period is over. I will post about our sweet baby's arrival, though. Please pray for peace for our birth mother and us, a safe deliver, and that the process goes smoothly!

I cried my way through choir this morning as we sang Michael W. Smith's "All is Well." It is such a sweet song of the angels singing "all as well" to the world because our redeemer has been born. It is so neat that here we are 2000 years later still resting in the redemption that our sovereign, infinite, unchangeable God has given to us. Tonight I sit in awe at the goodness of our God, who has given us the desire of our hearts. It wasn't long ago that Tommy and I realized we started the adoption process just about 9 months ago. Funny, this hasn't turned out to be an "Elephant Pregnancy" at all. It has been a very very blessed journey to the little girl that the Lord chose for our family before the beginning of time. Our bags are packed...the nursery is (somewhat) ready...tonight we go to bed as a family of two...tomorrow we become a family of three...all is well.

4 comments:

  1. So, so, so excited for y'all!!! What a fantastic Christmas present. Can't wait to hear all about your little one's arrival. I'll say a prayer for everyone tonight. Have a WONDERFUL day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for the beginning of your new family! I have been praying for you both ever since I heard. Can't wait to hear details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you sweet friend! So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You, Tommy and sweet Bunnykins have been on my mind ALL weekend. I am so excited for you! God truely works in mysterious ways! Isn't it amazing that he has had all of this worked out since the beginning.

    Prayers for your family, and your sweet birth mother's family. Can't wait to see pictures!

    Unending prayers!

    ReplyDelete