Friday, May 25, 2012

Life Goes On

I realized that I never posted about Mother's Day or the first year anniversary of Anna Dixon's adoption finalization. AD's finalization was April 6th which was Easter weekend this year. So, it kinda got lost in the shuffle of the holiday. Looking back it was kinda nice. Her finalization was so long awaited, and it will always be a special day, but it is nice that we have moved on with the business of raising our precious bunnykins and are not still in the process of adopting her. Likewise, last Mother's Day AD was baptized. It was a wonderful way to celebrate my first much anticipated Mother's Day! This year I had a great Mother's Day as well. My mom, Bibi, was in town, and we had an great time just hanging out with family. The big moment for me this year was our church service. It is a tradition in our church to have all the mothers and expectant mothers stand up during the service to be recognized. Last year I was taking AD back to the nursery during that time, and in years past I have always dreaded that moment. This year I was able to stand up and be recognized with all the other mothers with tears streaming down my face praising God for granting me the desire of my heart! Next year I'm looking forward to it being a happy moment but not so emotional...it is just really nice sometimes how life goes on.

sporting her new shades





No comments:

Post a Comment