Wednesday, May 18, 2011

1st Mother's Day

Last Sunday was my first Mother's Day. It was a long awaited and very special celebration. I promised you I would be honest about what we have been through, so here is confession #1. I have not been to church on Mother's Day in two years. I am not saying that was right but it was how I coped with our situation. It was just too painful to watch other young mothers celebrate while my heart ached so badly. This year it was not only my first Mother's Day, but Anna Dixon was baptized that Sunday. It was so special! Not only did the Lord answer my prayers by making me a mother, but we claimed God's promise to us as a family with the baptismal sign that Anna Dixon is His covenant child. Our prayer is that she will come to know Him as her personal Lord and Saviour at a very young age. My cousin Bill who married me and Tommy baptized her which made it extra special. After church my mom and sister gave an absolutely wonderful celebration brunch for our families and some close friends...thank you! It was an all around fabulous day that I will never forget. Anna Dixon was baptized in the same gown as her cousins, Samuel and Mary Ryburn. Their names are embroidered on the slip along with their baptism dates as a historical record. Of course we took some pictures...
My family










Our friends Mitchell and Gigi
and our god daughter
Anna Holt












Tommy's family










Anna Dixon and Anna Holt
getting to know each other

1 comment:

  1. Happy mother's day, little mama! Anna Dixon is so blessed to have a Godly mother like you. Love you and rejoicing with you!!!

    ReplyDelete